Every manager and business leader is constantly challenged by the need to improve their employees efficiency. The key to achieving optimum employee efficiency is effective planning and scheduling so everything is done in time and no deadlines or events are missed. Many organizations either ignore the wonders of planning employees or use less efficient methods which require considerable polishing. While more functional alternatives are available, many organizations still use scheduling tools which include informal hand written planners or Excel sheets.
Some of these latest alternatives include employee scheduling software products which prove to be more efficient when compared with hand written or Excel sheet planners. Scheduling software products generally offer desktop scheduling and Internet/Cloud technology based scheduling. Here are details of features you can expect from these products:
Top 5 Features that Desktop Employee Scheduling Software Products Offer
These software products can offer planning options only to the employees included in the upper hierarchy, for example managers. As the rest of the employees are not involved in the planning process, chances of confusion are considerably lower. Have a look at some top features these software products offer:
- With a variety of options available for organizing employee schedules, desktop scheduling software products can be easily remodeled according to needs. User interfaces are designed keeping in mind efficient planning options that can be altered if required.
- Graphical reports and charts can be printed based upon the data and resources available according to the task, activity or event at hand.
- Inform your employees about any updates or alerts through email or calendars. Users will be directed towards their desktop calendars when a change is made by the manager.
- With these desktop planners, managers can control the amount of access they hand to an employee. Sometimes, employees other than the managers need to be given permission to modify the details of a task or an event while others are only allowed limited access to the details.
- Data can be easily imported from and exported to different formats such as PDF, JPG, DOC etc.
Top 5 Features that Cloud Based Employee Scheduling Software Products Offer
These software products come with added benefits and they operate through the internet. Following are the features offered by a Cloud based employee scheduling software:
- Just like a desktop software, a Cloud based software also come with a user interface that offers many options to cater to particular needs. Events, employees and tasks can be organized in a variety of ways according to their nature.
- Through mobile phone apps, changes can be made even when an internet connection is not available and can be uploaded when you can access the internet.
- Files can imported and exported on formats such as CSV, iCalendar etc.
- Managers can control the amount of access employees are given in planning of a particular project or event.
- These software products can also be integrated with Google Maps for added features and options.